There vegan tiramisu recipeto prepare with supermarket biscuits or homemade vegan ladyfingers.
Among the most popular desserts throughout Italy we have the tiramisu. The tiramisuis a great dessert based on finger biscuits dipped in coffee and stuffed with a cream of eggs, sugar and mascarpone. What is mascarpone? It is a creamy dairy product prepared with cow's milk cream made to coagulate hot with lemon juice. And what about the ladyfingers? Here too there is no shortage of animal derivatives as they are prepared with eggs. In short ... there is nothingVeganin traditional recipe of tiramisu!
Over time, many variations of this spoon dessert have been proposed, but all involve the use of eggs. That's why we decided to re-propose the vegan recipe of tiramisu, excellent as a solution for those who have decided to avoid the ingestion of animal derivativesbut that, at the same time, does not want to give up good desserts liketiramisu!
Vegan tiramisu, preview of the recipe
The vegan tiramisu that we will offer you based on vegan biscuits that you can easily find in supermarkets. Just go to the "organic products" department of the supermarket to choose the vegan cookiesthat you like the most. And if you have some free time, you can try your hand at preparingvegan ladyfingersas described in the recipe at the end of the page.
In our recipe, mascarpone is replaced with a lighter cream. Our cream is prepared with rice milk and vegetable cream. If you prefer, you can also use soy milk. Then ingredients are added innocentsuch as coffee, cocoa and dark chocolate flakes.
What to say about thevegetable cream? It can be found very easily on the market but you can also prepare it at home by following our recipe shown in the articlevegetable cream. To prepare thevegan creamin homeyou will only need two ingredients:seed oil and soy milk.
As an alternative to coffee, you can use barley coffee, a drink that does not include coffee beans in its preparation, but dried or roasted barley and therefore caffeine-free. Let's see in detail how to make vegan tiramisu following our recipe step by step.
Vegan tiramisu, recipe
Here are the ingredients for 4 servings oftiramisu Vegan.
- 40 vegan cookies *
- 10 grams of raw sugar
- 250 grams of rice milk
- 250 grams of vegetable cream
- 2 tablespoons of starch
- 1 sachet of vanillin
- 100 grams of coarsely chopped dark chocolate
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 single-portion cups
For cookies, read the label and make sure they are egg-free and dairy-free. The number of cookies varies according to their size. Generally, the doses seen are suitable for 20 ladyfingers but since the dry biscuits on the market are generally very small, we have doubled the number of units to be used. Adjust as you prepare thevegan tiramisu recipe.
Vegan tiramisu, the preparation
- In a steel pot, pour the starch and vanillin then gradually add the rice milk, stirring vigorously with a whisk so that no lumps form.
- Put on the heat over low heat and continue stirring until it reaches a boil
- Let the cream thicken for a few minutes, turn off under the heat then transfer it to a bowl
- Cover the cream immediately with a sheet of cling film and let it cool
- In the meantime, whip the vegetable cream firmly then add it to the now cold cream making very delicate movements to obtain a smooth and soft cream
- Sweeten the coffee with sugar and pour it into a deep plate
- Take the single-portion cups and pour a little cream on the bottom
- Then put a layer of biscuits soaked in coffee and continue with an abundant layer of cream
- Sprinkle with cocoa and add some chocolate flakes
- Continue, forming another layer in the same way
- Once this is done, put the vegan tiramisu in the refrigerator and wait at least a couple of hours before serving.
Vegan ladyfingers, the recipe
THEsavoiardi biscuitsthey are biscuits that are prepared with flour, starch and eggs. THEladyfingers without eggsthey are more difficult to obtain but the effort will pay off. Here are the doses for 20 ladyfingers.
- 160 g of flour 0
- 50 g of potato starch
- 50 g of corn starch
- 20 g of chickpea flour (to replace eggs)
- 120 g of sugar
- 100 g of rice milk (or soy milk)
- 60 g canola oil (sunflower oil is fine if you can't find it)
- 2 vanilla pods
- 1 level teaspoon of cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
In a bowl, dip the vanilla pods into the milk. It is also possible to use a vanilla extract but the pods flavor in a more natural way. Crush the pods to speed up the process.Still, there is vanilla rice milk on the market, to further speed up you can use a milk already flavored.
Here's how to proceed to make ladyfingers without eggs:
- In a container, combine all the dry ingredients. Make a central hole. Gradually add all the liquid ingredients.
- Mix until you get a homogeneous and fluid mixture.
- Transfer the cream to a pastry bag without a spout.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- With the dough, roll out the prepared dough so as to form cylinders about 7-8 cm long.
- Space each cylinder apart because the cream of tartar and baking soda will cause them to increase in volume.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 20 minutes.
Cream of tartar, where to buy it
Cream of tartar, unlike the classic brewer's yeast or chemical yeast for desserts, is more difficult to find on the market… difficult, but not impossible! Among the various products on the market, we point out the one proposed by the company Barra.
On Amazon, a pack of 4 sachets of cream of tartar is offered at a price of 1.68 euros.