Due to its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antibiotic action, honey associated with cinnamon is an effective remedy for treating various health problems. According to experts, honey and cinnamon, if taken daily, promote the natural healing of many diseases; it is no coincidence that they have been used for centuries in Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine.
The enzymes that combine honey with cinnamon essential oils react to form hydrogen peroxide, among other things, a compound widely used in CAD as an oral and intravenous treatment in numerous diseases.
What are the properties of honey?
Produced by bees, honey is one of the foods held in the highest regard in natural medicine, thanks to the high concentration of antibiotic agents, strengthening, calming, relaxing, diuretic, precious for our health.
Its sweet and pleasant taste and its versatility allows it to be mixed with other ingredients and enhance its effects.
Among the main health benefits we remember that:
- It is a good source of energy.
- It has antibiotic properties that help treat throat ailments, coughs and respiratory diseases.
- Acts as a soothing on ulcers.
- Its antiseptic properties help prevent infections.
- Helps to repair skin tissue damaged by burns and wounds.
- It is a probiotic food that helps regulate the intestinal flora.
- Prevents constipation.
What are the properties of cinnamon?
Although its use in cooking is much better known, it is known that cinnamon has a strong medicinal power: it has antimicrobial, antibacterial and antioxidant properties, as well as containing vitamins and mineral salts.
Here are the main benefits of cinnamon:
- Regulates the blood sugar level.
- Helps to keep cholesterol and triglycerides under control.
- Calms stomach pain, inflammation and the presence of intestinal gas.
- It treats and prevents infections of various kinds.
- Contains vitamin A, B vitamins, magnesium, zinc and flavonoids.
Why mix honey with cinnamon?
Now that we know the main benefits of the individual ingredients, it remains to be said that their combination becomes a powerful natural remedy, friend of our health. Together these two products help to:
- Strengthen the immune system and protect the body from disease.
- Combat some problems of the hearing system.
- Reduce pain and joint inflammation.
- Lose weight.
- Reduce the cholesterol level.
- Protect the heart and prevent cardiovascular disease.
- Facilitate digestion, prevent constipation and calm irritable bowel.
- Fighting skin imperfections.
- Renew the tissues and organs.
Honey and cinnamon, how is this natural remedy prepared?
Remember that it is very important to accompany its consumption with a balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle.
- 1 liter of water
- 2 tablespoons of ground cinnamon (20 g)
- 2 tablespoons of honey (50 g)
- Boil a liter of water. Pour it into a jug along with two tablespoons of cinnamon.
- Let it rest for 45 minutes, then add two tablespoons of honey.
Drink a cup of this drink in the morning, at least 30 minutes before breakfast, and another cup in the evening, before going to sleep.
Honey and cinnamon, useful recommendations
- The honey and cinnamon remedy is not a miracle product and its effects vary from person to person, also according to the regularity with which it is taken.
- For no reason should you exceed in consumption, since in large quantities cinnamon can be toxic to the body.
- This remedy is not recommended for people suffering from gastritis or intestinal ulcer, on which cinnamon could be irritating.
- If you are on antibiotic treatment or if you suffer from any medical condition, it is best to consult your doctor before taking this drink.
- When buying honey, opt for an organic product. For more information, read the article "Organic honey, healthy properties"
You might also be interested in
- Eucalyptus honey: characteristics and benefits
- Benefits Honey and properties
- Manuka honey: properties and price
- Hot milk and honey: properties