Potatoes have great versatility in the kitchen; perhaps it is the most used ingredient in the world. In addition to the classic French fries to be enjoyed as a side dish or as an aperitif, we can offer our friends some tasty potato croquettes: they are simple and quick to prepare. In this regard, here how to make potato croquettes following our recipe step by step.
Potato croquettes, the ingredients to make about 24 pieces
- 1 kilo of Potatoes
- 100 grams of cooked ham
- 200 grams of stringy mozzarella
- 60 grams of grated cheese
- 3 eggs
- 120 grams of breadcrumbs
- Pepper, salt to taste
- Grated nutmeg to taste
Potato croquettes, the preparation
- Take a large pot and fill it with water then put it to boil, adding a good handful of salt
- Meanwhile, peel the potatoes and rinse them in a basin of water
- When the water boils, pour in the potatoes and let them cook for about 7 minutes
- Then drain the potatoes and mash them in the potato masher
- Put the mashed potatoes in a bowl and wait a few minutes
- Meanwhile, cut the mozzarella and cooked ham into cubes
- When the potatoes have cooled, add eggs, grated Parmesan, salt, pepper, nutmeg
- Mix all the ingredients with your hands until you get a homogeneous mixture
- Then add the cheese and ham previously cut into cubes and mix again to mix everything.
- Take a handful of dough and give it a more or less spherical shape with your hands, continuing until the end of the mixture.
- Then pass them in the breadcrumbs and let them rest in the fridge for at least 3 hours
- Once this is done, take a pan with high sides and fry the potato croquettes in boiling oil
- Remove the croquettes with a slotted spoon and dry on absorbent paper
- Serve the potato croquettes very hot
Useful information: if the croquettes are too dry and therefore do not mix well with the breadcrumbs, add a drop of milk to the potato mixture. I recommend that you try it with a croquette before shaping the rest of the mixture.
The potato croquettes they can also be baked in the oven: just place them in an oiled pan and cook for 25 minutes at 180 degrees