How many times has it happened to us to find encrustations of limestone on washable surfaces and appliances? On the market we find several specific products but they are dangerous and harmful to the environment. For this purpose, natural remedies are very effective: this is the case with vinegar, citric acid, baking soda and tomato alone. In this regard we will illustrate you how to remove limescale both from surfaces and from appliances.
How to remove limescale with white vinegar
Vinegar is a very effective product against limescale: at the same time it sanitizes and disinfects. But not only! With white vinegar we can make the glass and the internal surfaces of the refrigerator and oven shine, as well as the hobs. It is also a good rinse aid for dishwashers. But be careful with metal surfaces, vinegar should not be applied to copper and brass.
Here is the procedure against limescale
- Mix the vinegar with the water in a bowl, to the extent of 500 ml of vinegar for each liter of water: it is good not to overdo the amount of water, the action of the vinegar would become ineffective
- Once the mixture is prepared, apply it with a soft sponge and then let it act for a few minutes
- Then rinse with warm water.
How to remove limescale in the washing machine
To eliminate and prevent limescale inside the washing machine, here is the procedure:
- Pour a liter of vinegar into the empty basket and program a long wash at a temperature of ninety degrees: this procedure must be done at least once a month.
In any case, it is advisable to pour 100 ml of vinegar into the fabric softener compartment each time you wash both white and colored items.
How to get rid of limescale in the sink
Here's how to proceed:
- Prepare a solution with 3 tablespoons of lemon juice and 500 ml of white vinegar then pour the mixture into a spray container
- Apply the solution directly to the surface of the sink, leave it for a few minutes and then rinse.