L'arancino, a rice dough stuffed with meat and peas, is a typical dish of southern Italy. To taste good arancino the ideal would be to go to Sicily: in addition to the classic meat filling, the arancini you can find them stuffed in various ways. Among other things, it is an ancient tradition to eat good food arancino on the ferry from Villa San Giovanni to Messina. But if we don't want to go to Sicily to taste a good one arancino,we can prepare them from home. The classic recipe involves the use of meat, the one we are now showing you has only a lot of good vegetables as ingredients. A recipe that can also be prepared by those who follow a vegetarian style.
Arancini recipe, the ingredients
- 500 grams of rice for risotto
- A sachet of saffron
- Bread crumbs
- an egg
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- Seed oil for frying.
Ingredients for the internal preparation
- 250 grams of spinach
- 150 grams of provolone
- A handful of pine nuts
- A handful of raisins
- Olive oil
Arancini recipe, the preparation
- Boil the rice in abundant salted water and let it cook
- When cooked, add the saffron, mix and drain the rice, passing it first in cold water to stop cooking
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling by blanching the meat spinach for a few minutes.
- Then pour the spinach into a non-stick pan and brown them together with the peas, raisins and pine nuts for a few minutes with a drizzle of oil, finally season with salt
- Pour everything into a very large bowl
- Add the provolone cut into small pieces and 3 tablespoons of bechamel and mix until you get a homogeneous mixture
- Pour the breadcrumbs into a dish and into another dish the batter made with an egg, a spoonful of flour and water, taking care to create a mixture that is not very dense and not too liquid
- Take a handful of rice with your hand, put a spoonful of freshly prepared filling on top then take another handful of rice and cover, then trying to shape the arancino with your hands: squeeze the mixture well otherwise the arancini could open during cooking
- Pass the ball on the batter, covering it all, and then pass it on the plate with the breadcrumbs, so that it adheres well.
- Repeat this operation until the rice runs out
- Take a high and wide pot and pour plenty of oil for frying
- When the oil is hot, start frying the arancini. To help you, you can use a shovel and a spoon, so you can turn and take the arancini without much difficulty.
- Let them fry glthe arancini for a couple of minutes, as soon as they are golden brown, place them on absorbent paper.