The recipe that we propose today has as its main ingredient courgette, a typical vegetable of summer and Mediterranean countries, suitable for everyone and easily digestible. We are talking about Aubergine Meatballs, a quick and simple dish to prepare that requires the use of very few fatty condiments. The only recommendation is to choose local courgettes, preferably from your own garden. For the uninitiated, zucchini can also be grown in pots! For cooking we chose the oven to make the meatballs less caloric and healthier. So here's how to do the Aubergine Meatballs, following our recipe.
Aubergine Meatballs, the ingredients for 4 people
800 grams of zucchini
2 organic eggs
150 grams of grated Parmesan
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
Aubergine Meatballs, the preparation
- Wash the courgettes well, grate them coarsely and then let them drain from the juice by squeezing them a little.
- Pour the courgettes into a large bowl
- Finely chop the parsley and basil and add them to the courgettes
- Also add the cheese, beaten eggs, a pinch of salt and pepper
- Mix all the ingredients well until you get a homogeneous mixture
- Then add the breadcrumbs, just enough to obtain a thick mixture
- Take a handful of the mixture with clean hands and form flattened meatballs
- Lay down the Aubergine Meatballs in a greased pan and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 30 minutes, or until golden brown: turn them halfway through cooking.
Serve the meatballs warm as an appetizer, main course or snack. They are accompanied with vegetable side dishes or cereals or derivatives, for example boiled rice or slices of wholemeal bread.
Aubergine Meatballs, variants
If you want to enhance the flavor, you can add a pinch of chilli powder and 2 teaspoons of grated lemon zest to the dough, then proceeding as indicated in the recipe.
The Aubergine Meatballs they can also be cooked fried but it is preferable only occasionally, since frying makes the food more caloric and less digestible.