We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Lemon semifreddo: recipe without eggs, version with Pavesini or with Meringues, enriched with Limoncello or in its classic Sicilian recipe.
The lemon parfait it is a universal dessert, suitable for any occasion; as a dessert at the end of a meal, as an afternoon dessert or even as a snack, especially when accompanied byMeringues or Pavesini.
Lemon semifreddo: calories
Generally a semifreddo it has a caloric intake ranging from 60 to 400 kcal per 100 grams. The light parfaits (less caloric) are precisely those with fruit and yogurt.
The variability depends on the amount of fats and sugars that enter the composition. A semifreddofruit, sweetened only marginally, provides few calories. To find out the total calories, check the calories present in the sugar, in the base (of meringue or pavesini) and in the cream! Some semifreddo recipes already involve the use of cream, while the lighter versions provide for the use of yogurt. On this page we will first look at therecipe for a light lemon semifreddoand then the version with the highest calorie content.
The lemon, in itself, is a low-calorie food, rich in minerals and vitamins, which stimulates the metabolism and quenches thirst.
To further reduce the caloric intake (60 Kcal per serving), simply remove the meringue base and pour the first layer of yogurt. The meringues can be replaced with simple pavesini.
Semifreddo with lemon and meringue, light recipe
- 3 large round untreated lemons
- Meringue base 80 grams
- 500 grams of low-fat whole yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of stevia
- Berries for garnish
For therecipe for semifreddo without eggsyou just need to eliminate the Meringues and replace them with the aforementioned Pavesini.
How to make lemon parfait
- Cut two lemons in half and empty the pulp.
- Raise the edge of the lemons with the silver paper, forming a collar: make sure that the silver paper is well fixed to the inner wall of the lemon to prevent the mixture that we are going to pour in it does not come out.
- Take the other lemon and grate the peel, being careful to avoid the white part as it has a decidedly bitter taste.
- Pour the yogurt, stevia and grated lemon into a bowl.
- Then add the lemon juice obtained from the pulp previously removed to the two lemons. Pass the lemon juice in a colander to remove the seeds and pulp.
- Mix everything with a wooden ladle until the mixture is homogeneous.
- Take the cut lemons and place the meringue on the bottom. Add the semifreddo helping you, if necessary, with a saccapoche.
- After pouring the prepared mixture, put everything in the freezer for at least 6 hours. Make sure the mixture is at least 2 cm above the edge of the lemon, that's what aluminum foil is for!
- When ready to serve, remove the aluminum foil (the mixture has now solidified) and garnish with some lemon zest and some berries.
If the lemons are too big, double the doses of the mixture.
Lemon semifreddo, original Sicilian recipe
In this paragraph we will give you the recipe for lemon semifreddooriginal from Sicily. Here we don't mind calories.
To accompany thesemifreddoyou can use, as in the previous version, a base of Meringue or Pavesini ... Let's see the recipe immediately.
- 1 large untreated lemon (about 250 g)
- 25 g of water
- 230 g of sugar
- 70 g of egg white
- 520 g of fresh cream
Boil plenty of water in a large pot.
In a separate saucepan, take part of the boiling water and cover the lemon. Place on a medium heat stove and cook the whole lemon for about 40 minutes. About every 13 minutes, change the water from the pan using boiling water set aside in the larger pot. You have to repeat the operation three times.
This operation is necessary to soften the typical bitter taste of lemon peel.Warning! The lemon should be boiled whole!
Finally drain the lemon. Cut it into small pieces and, gently, remove the seeds. Take 180 g of pulp and blend it with 60 g of sugar to obtain a homogeneous cream.
In a saucepan over low heat, dissolve 25 g of water with 130 g of sugar. Let the mixture reach a temperature of 120 ° C without ever stirring. In this context, a kitchen thermometer could be useful.
Whip the egg white by adding it to the remaining sugar. Add the syrup (water and sugar, now warm) to the whipped egg white until stiff peaks (egg white and sugar).
Add the lemon pulp.
Whip the cream and add the two compounds obtained. Stir and mix.
Thelemon parfaitcan be poured into moldssingle-doseso as to have it ready to be served.
TheSicilian lemon semifreddo, thus obtained, must be refrigerated for at least 6 hours.
Another related article of ours that might interest you is the one on how to make lemon sorbet and the one on benefits of lemon juice.