We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Savory crepes and sweet crepes: The bestrecipesto give strong emotions to the palate with minimal effort. Easy ideas and useful tips.
The Crepes they are a very versatile dish, they can be stuffed in a thousand ways and used in many preparations, sweet or savory. In the basic preparation of Crepes you need a few simple ingredients such as eggs, flour, milk and butter. They are also quick and easy to prepare. But let's see in detail how to make crepes both savory and sweet starting from the basic recipe.
Ingredients for 15 creps with a diameter of 20 cm.
- 3 organic eggs
- 250 grams of flour
- Half liter of milk
- 50 grams of butter (if you prefer, you can also omit the butter)
- A pinch of salt
In thesavory crepesyou can take the trouble to add some aromatic herbs. A good match with fluffysavory crepesit can be found with finely chopped chives. The addition of nutmeg in thesavory crepes filled with ricotta and spinachor accompanied with bechamel.
The basic recipe does not change, sometimes you can add extra ingredients that we will report as "optional". Here are the ingredients for 15 portions with a diameter of 20 cm.
- 3 organic eggs
- 250 grams of flour
- Half liter of milk
- 50 grams of butter (as said forsavory crepes, also in this case you can omit the butter)
- 1 sachet of vanillin (optional)
- 50 grams of sugar (optional)
- A pinch of salt (in thesaltyit is a must, but here it is completely optional!)
In thesavory crepesyou can flavor the pastry with chives, pepper or parsley ... Also forCrepessweets you have many options. Besides the vanilla, you can add some cinnamon powder, cocoa or coconut flour. The choices are many and you can select the best ingredient based on the filling.
Savory crepes: Preparation
- Sift the flour well then pour it into a large bowl.
- Add the milk and a pinch of salt.
- Mix the mixture well until all the ingredients are combined, make sure there are no lumps.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with a fork, then add them to the mixture and continue stirring.
- Add the melted butter and mix again (optional).
- Cover the batter and let it rest for at least half an hour in the fridge.
Formake savory or sweet creps, there are also two shortcuts, the first is my favorite:
- It will be necessary to put all the ingredients in the mixer and operate it at maximum speed! BOOM, thedough of crepsit's ready!
The second "fast" method went viral on facebook and YouTube, it is thebottled crepes. Basically you have to pour all the ingredients into a bottle and then mix. Sure, if you have one at homeshakerfor cocktails it is more convenient, from experience I tell you that it is not easy to pour all the ingredients into the small hole of the bottle! It will also be practical (because nothing gets dirty) but it is a bit cumbersome at first!
The choice is yours, you understand the meaning so much: to make thedough of savory or sweet crepesit is necessary to mix the ingredients well! The compound obtained must be extremely fluid.
Crepes sweeti: preparation
To prepare the batter for sweet crepes just add any preferential ingredients such as vanillin, sugar or cinnamon ... the procedure is the same.
Salty crepes batter
But are we sure that the dough of the savory creps is really the same as that of the sweet creps?
Absolutely yes. We have examined the few variables together.
If you think about it, in restaurants they often soften the omelette with milk to make the result fluffier. If your palate is really bothered by the sweet taste of milk, you can choose, fordough of the salty cpres a totally skimmed milk or soy milk that is "a little tasteless".
How to cook creps
Cooking is the easiest part but it requires a bit of skill.
- Heat a non-stick pan on the stove, any pan is fine but if you are unfamiliar with temperatures, then take a creps panso as to have the right shape.
- Melt a very small knob of butter, just enough to grease the surface. Indeed, to prevent the formercreps(especially if salted) tastes too buttery, with an absorbent board remove and spread the excess butter on all sides of the pan as soon as it is hot.
- As soon as it is hot, pour a ladle of batter necessary to cover the bottom.
- The batter should be placed in the center of the pan and then by tilting it and rotating it, it will be necessary to distribute it over the entire surface. This is why temperatures are crucial, in rotating and pouring the creps dough, it will begin to solidify.
- After a few seconds, turn the batter and let it cook just a few moments.
Here's yours Crepes ready to be filled as you like best.
Pan for pancakes or creps
Creps, also known as crepes, are so famous that there are ad hoc pans on the market. If you really want to prepare large crepes, the same as those you buy on the street, then it is better to buy a professional non-stick pan with a diameter of 28 cm.
Among the various products on the market I recommend the one I have been using for a lifetime. A non-stick die-cast aluminum pan that I use to prepare a large number of dishes and also to plate sandwiches.
For all information on the product described, I refer you to the dedicated Amazon page, where thecrepe panyou buy at a price of 27.99 euros and free shipping: 28 cm professional pan.
NB .: the pan is very useful, especially if you want to surprise guests with flashy appetizers…. but as stated, if you have non-stick pans at home, even if with high sides, you can use those. The crepes you will get will be smaller but just as good!
Filling for savory creps
By now the doubts have been dispelled, you have understood that thedough for savory crepesis identical to that for thesweet creps. It can be gods who make the differenceflavorings added to the dough(pepper, nutmeg, chives, parsley, grated pecorino, thyme, grated goat cheese ...) but above all it is thestuffed.
In this section we propose simple ideas for thestuffed with savory crepes:
- Sautéed mushrooms, fontina cheese, speck
- Gruyere, cooked ham and sautéed mushrooms
- Mixed mushrooms, parsley, provolone, garlic, chilli
- Sautéed leeks with a drizzle of oil, bresaola, rocket and robiola
- Ricotta, sautéed spianaci, 50 gr of flaked Parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon of bechamel and nutmeg
- Escarole, mozzarella, raisins and pine nuts
Filling for sweet creps
For the sweet crepes the choice is equally varied:
- Freshly prepared fruit reductions
- fresh fruit
- Yogurt cream
- Maple syrup
- Pistachio cream
- Peanut butter
Vegan crepe dough
Creps, also called crepes, can be a quick snack to prepare if you have guests who follow a vegan diet. For example, a good onevegan crepsit can be prepared with soy and fruit yogurt cream, or peanut butter or maple syrup. The recipe for the dough involves the use of:
- 150 g of flour
- 220 ml of vegetable milk (better soy)
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil
- 1 banana or 80 ml of water
Banana is perfect if the creps is sweet but if you want to make onevegan savory crepes, better to use 80 ml of water.