There jam tart, ideal for a healthy breakfast, it is a healthy and genuine food, especially if it is stuffed with homemade jams! Do the pie at home it does not require the use of special tools: the shortcrust pastry can be easily kneaded with your hands. In this regard we will illustrate you how to make jam tart following our recipe step by step. The only recommendation is to prepare the shortcrust pastry in advance and freeze it and then use it when preparing our own jam tart.
How to make jam tart, the ingredients
- 500 grams of jam of the taste you prefer
- 350 g of flour
- 1 sachet of yeast
- 2 organic eggs
- 100 grams of butter at room temperature
- 100 grams of cinnamon sugar
- The grated rind of an untreated lemon
Needed: rolling pin, round cake pan with a diameter of 30 cm
How to make jam tart, shortcrust pastry preparation
- Take the flour and pour it on the work surface forming a hollow mountain in the center
- Pour the sugar around the walls of the hole
- In the center of the hole pour the eggs, a pinch of salt and the butter that you have previously melted at room temperature
- Also add the yeast, over the flour evenly, passing it through a colander
- Finally add the grated lemon
- Work the dough with your hands for about ten minutes until it is nice and firm and elastic
- Wrap the dough with cling film then let it rest in the fridge for at least half an hour.
How to make jam tart, the preparation
- After the time has elapsed, take the dough and cut about a third of it: you will need it to make the strips. The classic tart with the diamond pattern is in fact made of strips obtained from the dough itself.
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin to form a sheet half a centimeter high
- Roll the dough on the rolling pin and place it inside the buttered pan then remove the excess dough
- Take the jam, preferably the homemade one and spread it out evenly, then level with the back of the spoon. For more information, read how to make orange marmalade
- With the dough that you previously set aside, roll out a sheet half a centimeter high and with the notched wheel, make strips 2 cm wide
- Arrange the strips gently on top of the jam then brush them with the egg
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 45 minutes and in any case until it becomes golden.
Yours is ready jam tart: to be served cold