There aubergine it is a very versatile vegetable in the kitchen: it can be used to season a first course, it can be prepared as a single dish as in the case of aubergine parmigiana or it can be an excellent side dish. Many associate eggplant as a very high calorie dish, in fact it is one of the lowest calorie vegetables. The high calorie content depends only on the way we season it, so if we prepare a light side dish, we will make a low-calorie dish. In this regard we will delight you with the recipe of eggplant with mushroom, showing you the preparation step by step.
The eggplant with mushroom they are ideal for preparing out-of-town breakfasts, in the office but also for dressing a sandwich, pizza, etc. It is a very simple recipe that we can also prepare well in advance as it can also be served cold. The only recommendation is to get organically grown eggplants in order to be sure of the quality of the product.
Eggplant with mushroom, ingredients for 6 people
- 1 kilo of hard-boiled eggplant without bruises
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 500 grams of pachini tomatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil
- A handful of pine nuts
- A handful of pitted black olives
- Basil, pepper and salt
- 50 grams of grated Parmesan cheese
Eggplant with mushroom, the preparation
- After washing the aubergines thoroughly, first cut them lengthwise into strips then cut them into cubes of one centimeter per side
- Clean the garlic cloves and pour them into a large non-stick pan with a drizzle of oil
- As the oil begins to sizzle, add the aubergines to the pan and sauté over a high flame
- After a few minutes lower the heat, season with salt and pepper then add the pine nuts
- Cook for about 10 minutes, over low heat with the lid, turning from time to time with a wooden spoon until they become soft and creamy.
- In the meantime, wash the cherry tomatoes well and cut them into 4 pieces then put them in a bowl with a pinch of salt and mix
- Pour the cherry tomatoes into the pan together with the aubergines, add the olives, the finely chopped basil and cook for another 20 minutes over low heat and with a lid.
- As soon as you turn off, add the grated cheese and mix well
Yours are ready eggplant with mushroom to be consumed hot or cold.