The Noni juice it can be considered a real concentrate of nutritional elements; the beneficial properties contained in it make it a real superfood. The Noni juice it is obtained from the Noni, an unknown fruit of the Morinda Citrifolia, which grows in Southeast Asia, Australia and the Caribbean.
Noni juice, nutritional properties
The juice obtained from it has carbohydrates and dietary fiber in moderate quantities, but is rich in vitamin C, niacin (vitamin B3), iron and potassium. But what makes juice a real super food is the high presence of particular phytochemicals, including lignans, oligo-and polysaccharides, flavonoids, iridoids, fatty acids, catechins, beta-sitosterol and alkaloids.
Noni juice, beneficial properties
- According to experts, the Noni juiceit would have great beneficial effects on the immune system: it seems that Noni is an effective fruit for stimulating the immune system.
- It also has beneficial effects on the digestive system: since ancient times, Noni juice was used as an effective laxative.
- According to experts, Noni juice has anti-oxidant effects: apparently, compared with other fruits, it is the one with the best antioxidant activity.
- The Noni tree is also known as the "Headache tree", since it seems to be effective in relieving headaches, with the advantage that there are no toxic side effects typical of medicines. Scientific studies confirm that Noni juice can have similar results to the most common anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
- Other beneficial effects found are antibacterial, antifungal and antiparasitic ones: it seems that some active substances of which the juice is composed such as anthraquinones and terpenes, are able to fight bacteria and fungi.
- Also according to experts, it seems that the Noni juice may play an important role in the prevention of tumors: studies are still ongoing and it is not possible to support this thesis, however the antitumor activity of Noni could in fact be justified by the presence of Damnacanthal, a substance that acts by stimulating the immune system and carrying out an antioxidant action.
Noni juice, hiring and where to find it
Noni is available at herbalists and shops that deal with natural products, in capsules and tablets and as a juice deriving from the pressing of the fruit. The juice can be taken at any time of the day but preferably on an empty stomach, that is, 2-3 hours after eating or at least 30 minutes before, shaking the juice well, possibly diluted with very small quantities of water or other fruit juice. It should never be taken with milk, coffee, black tea, alcohol and drugs.
In any case, do not think of this juice as a panacea for all ills, its use must necessarily be associated with a lifestyle and a healthy diet!