The lemon sorbet it is a thirst-quenching and digestive dessert much appreciated in summer its preparation does not include particular pastry skills. The only recommendation is to use untreated lemons; for example, you can contact your friend who owns a lemon tree in his garden.
Lemon sorbet, what we need
- 180 grams of sugar
- 1/2 liter of water
- 4 untreated lemons
- 1 organic egg white
Lemon sorbet, how to prepare
- Take a saucepan and pour the water, sugar and peel of a couple of lemons into it, taking care to take only the yellow part: the white part of the lemon has a strongly bitter taste, it could ruin the outcome of our sorbet!
- Mix all the ingredients with a spoon and wait for the mixture to boil
- Once this is done, remove the saucepan from the heat and let it cool
- Take the other two lemons, clean them well and cut them in half
- With the help of a brush or a teaspoon, remove all the lemon pulp
- Press the previously peeled lemons, the pulp of the other two lemons and add the juice to the mixture, filtering it first with a colander to avoid the seeds and pulp
- Whip the egg white until stiff and add it to the mixture
- Pour the mixture into the 4 empty lemons, wrap them in aluminum foil and place them in the fridge
- Leave to cool in the freezer for at least 2 hours before serving
Lemon sorbet, some recommendations
- If the egg white does not mix immediately with the mixture, do not worry, it will mix gradually while the sorbet is cold.
- Remove the sorbet from the freezer 10 minutes before serving it and garnish with a few flakes of lemon peel and a few flakes of almonds.