What's more genuine than one homemade strawberry jam? Strawberries have a lot of healthy properties! Already in ancient times, the Romans used strawberries to treat kidney stones, gout and inflammations of various kinds. In this regard, here is the recipe for homemade strawberry jam.
Homemade strawberry jam, what we need
- 2 kilos of strawberries
- 800 grams of sugar
- 1 lemon juice
- Hermetically sealed sterilized jars
Homemade strawberry jam, how to prepare
- After having washed and cleaned the strawberries well, put them in a colander and let them drain well.
- As soon as they are dry, pour the strawberries into a bowl, cover them with a few tablespoons of sugar and finally add the juice, letting it macerate for 2 hours.
- After the time has elapsed, pour the strawberries into a stainless steel pot, add the remaining sugar and cook over low heat until the jam has thickened.
- Take the jars and pour the strawberry jam
- Close the jars tightly and place them on a shelf upside down for about 1 hour
- After the time has elapsed, put the jars in the pantry
Homemade strawberry jam, useful information
- Before pouring the jam into the jars it is good to sterilize them first. In this house it will be enough to put the jars for 20 minutes in boiling water
- Write the date of preparation of the strawberry jam on an adhesive label and apply it to the jar
- Store in a cool place away from light.
- Favorite strawberries from organic farming: those of dubious origin could contain chemicals
– Strawberry jam: another recipe