In this article we will suggest a vegan version of the stuffed round zucchini, a simple dish to prepare but above all light and healthy. Courgettes contain many nutritional and healthy properties; a mine of water and fibers essential to keep the intestine clean during the hottest period of the year.
The most precious and "healing" part of zucchini is represented by the peel: it contains folic acid and carotenoids, including lutein, substances that can improve skin elasticity and promote good digestion.
To consume the peel without risk, just choose the zucchini from organic farming.
Stuffed round zucchini, what we need
- 4 round courgettes
- 6 tablespoons of rice
- 1 sachet of saffron
- 1 long courgette
- Salt to taste.
- Vegetable broth
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Soy cream
- 50 grams of tofu
- A handful of ground almonds
Stuffed round zucchini, the preparation
- Put the round courgettes in boiling salted water for 2 minutes to soften them
- Once removed from the water, remove the upper part, forming a "hat"
- Empty the inside of the courgette and pour it into a bowl
- Bring about 1 liter of water to a boil and pour in the vegetable nut powder
- Take a large non-stick pan and fry the chopped leek with a drizzle of oil
- Pour in the rice and toast it for 1 or 2 minutes at most, continuing to mix with a wooden spoon.
- Add a few ladles of broth until the rice is covered and cook with the lid over medium heat: every time the rice absorbs the liquid, you will have to add more until it is completely cooked.
- Meanwhile, cut the long courgette into cubes and cook it in another pan with a drizzle of oil over low heat
- A few minutes before the rice is cooked, add a pinch of salt then the saffron packet and immediately after 5 tablespoons of soy cream, the grated tofu, the almonds, the raisins and finally the pulp of the zucchini previously set aside
- Mix everything until the ingredients are combined
- Pour the rice into the round courgettes with a spoon then bake with the hat for 20 minutes at 180 degrees.