Not fried mushroom eggplants: the recipe to prepare delicious, tasty but… not fried aubergines with mushrooms, but baked in the oven.
There aubergine, a typical summer vegetable, lends itself very well to various preparations in the kitchen: it can be used to dress a first course, it can be a single dish as in the case of stuffed eggplant or it can be an excellent side dish or filling for sandwiches, pizzas or focaccias.
Mushroom eggplant, recipe
In the wide range of possibilities, the eggplantthey are an excellent vegetable side dish. Roasted aubergines, especially when stuffed, are tasty but… what about theEggplant A Mushroom?
In the mushroom eggplant recipe imushroomsthey don't have anything! :))) In fact, let's talk about onerecipeNeapolitan based oneggplantfried with salt and tomato, a quick and easy dish, even better when garnished with fresh basil.
Unlike classic fries that require a lot of oil, the original recipe ofEggplant A Mushroom, requires a large amount of oil, just enough to prevent the ingredients from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
Ah ... the real onesNeapolitan mushroom eggplantsthey are prepared with ripe fresh tomatoes and not with tomato sauce or canned tomatoes!
Unfortunately, traditional mushroom aubergines do not go well with a low-calorie diet ... we are talking about a fried dish rich in oil.
For those who do not want to give up Eggplant A Mushroom, we will delight you with this recipe but in the version light(dietetics). The not fried aubergines with mushrooms they are ideal for those who follow a low-calorie diet, for those who follow a vegetarian or vegan style and for those who simply love aubergines and hate the smell of frying!
Let's see immediately, in detail, how make the aubergines with mushrooms not fried following ours recipe step by step.
Not fried aubergines with mushrooms, recipe
Here are the ingredients for 4/6 people:
- 800 grams of hard-boiled eggplant without bruises
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 400 grams of Pachino tomatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil
- A handful of pine nuts
- Basil, pepper and salt
- 50 grams of Parmigiano Reggiano (optional)
In this light version of the aubergines with mushrooms, cooking will take place exclusively in the oven. For a better effect, it is better to use a convection oven.
Not fried aubergines with mushrooms, the preparation
Here's how to prepare baked mushroom eggplants.
1) Wash the aubergines thoroughly, first cut them lengthwise into strips and then cut them into cubes of one centimeter per side.
2) Clean the garlic cloves and chop them coarsely.
3) Pour the aubergines into a pan and cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 150 degrees. The ideal would be to cook theEggplant A Mushroom with ventilated oven.
4) In the meantime, wash the tomatoes thoroughly and cut them into 4 pieces then pour them into a bowl with a pinch of salt and mix.
5) After the time has elapsed, take the aubergines and pour them into a pot.
6) Season with salt, pepper and add the previously chopped basil, garlic, pine nuts.
7) Finally add the chopped tomatoes, a drizzle of oil then mix all the ingredients well and cook for 20 minutes over low heat with a lid, stirring occasionally with a spoon.
8) When cooked, if you prefer, add the grated cheese and mix.
Here are yours not fried aubergines with mushrooms ready to be eaten hot or cold: precisely because they can also be eaten cold you can prepare them well in advance.
Mushroom eggplant in a pan
Using a non-stick pan, you can lower the amount of oil used or simply replace it with spice-flavored water. For the preparation ofmushroom eggplant in a pan without oil, the result will be more like that returned from an eggplant stew. We recommend using the oven for a better result or add some oil at the start of cooking!
Those who prefer and have a lot of patience, can use tomato fillet, that is, they can peel the tomatoes so as to make the dish softer on the palate.
White mushroom eggplant
There is also a variant without tomatoes: the aubergines are cooked without any trace of tomato. Add spices and stringy cheeses such as buffalo caciotta, asiago or other cheeses of your choice (avoid cheese type slices!).