Apples are found in various culinary preparations: from the classic apple pie to typical sweets such as Strudel, in fruit salads and jams.
The recipe that we propose today is the homemade apple pie, a light and tasty dessert suitable both for breakfast and as a dessert at the end of lunch. Let's see in detail how to make the homemade apple pie following our recipe, step by step.
Homemade apple pie, ingredients
- 5 apples
- 100 g of butter
- 140 g of sugar
- 1 whole egg and 1 yolk
- 1/2 glass of milk
- The grated rind of 1 grated lemon
- 1 sachet of baking powder
- 250 g of flour 00, apricot jam
- Sugar for sprinkling
Useful information: when you buy apples make sure they are firm and do not have dents or soft parts to the touch. The peel must be dry and without cuts and the petiole must be firmly attached to the fruit.
Homemade apple pie, the preparation
- Wash the apples well then cut them into slices
- Take the slices and place them in a bowl with the rum and a couple of tablespoons of sugar, letting them macerate
- Pour the remaining sugar into a bowl together with the melted butter at room temperature and beat vigorously with a spoon
- Add the grated lemon peel to the mixture
- Add an egg and a yolk beaten separately
- Mix well then continue gradually adding the other ingredients then the milk, flour and yeast
- Mix all the ingredients well until you get a solid and homogeneous dough
- Grease a 24 x 24 cm baking pan then sprinkle it with granulated sugar
- Place the slices of apples after having slightly drained them
- In the empty spaces, put some drops of apricot jam then pour over the prepared mixture
- Put in a preheated oven at 180 ° C for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and turn the apple pie onto a serving dish