Beetroot Recipesand taste: a short collection of threerecipesbased onbeetsredthat go far beyond the classicpasta with red beets.
Red Beetroot Recipes
- Ziti with red beets (recipefollowing)
- Red beetroot risotto
- Tagliatelle with red beets and pistachios, with fresh homemade pasta
Red Beetroot Recipes, ziti with beetroot - ingredients
- 320 g of ziti, long pasta from Campania
- 150 g of light ricotta
- 3 shallots
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 200 g of cooked red beets
- the zest of half an organic lemon
- chive stems
- 1 teaspoon of poppy seeds
- 20 g of grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper as required
- poppy seeds
Red Beetroot Recipes, ziti with beetroot - procedure
- Blend 3/4 of the beets in a mixer to obtain a puree.
- Chop the shallots and fry them in a large pan with butter and oil. When the shallot is golden, add the blended beetroot, salt and pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes over medium heat.
- Cut the rest of the beetroot into cubes and add to the pan.
- Wash the lemon and cut the zest into very thin slices and set it aside (you will need it to decorate)
- Boil the pasta and cook it al dente.
- Finish cooking the ziti in the pan with oil, butter, salt, pepper, shallot and beetroot. Only at the end add the ricotta and mix.
- Place the ziti on the plate and garnish with chives, lemon slices and some poppy seeds.
Red beets Cultivation
Therebeetrootit is a tuber native to European countries and North Africa so it can be easily grown in all areas of the Mediterranean. Thered beetsthey do not require particular cultivation conditions: it prefers slightly acidic and clayey soils but adapts well to any type of soil.
Red beets Properties
The reduced calorie content and the high amount of minerals make thered turnips a perfect food for low calorie diets.
It might also interest you
- Rubataga: what it is and its properties