There food storage in the refrigeratorit is necessary to preserve food through exposure to low temperatures. To better understand how to operate thefood storage in the refrigeratorIt is good to clarify that inside this appliance the cold tends to go down while the heat goes up, once you understand this simple principle it will be easier to place the food in the right place.
In the article "How to store food in the refrigerator", we saw:
-the optimal position of the refrigerator with respect to other appliances
- useful indications for the arrangement of food in the refrigerator
- useful tips for preserving food storage in the fridge
In the article "How to arrange food in the fridge", we saw:
-what to arrange on the central top, on the top and in the drawers at the bottom
-what to arrange in the refrigerator door
- the provision of milk and derivatives, water, eggs, meats, vegetables and foods already "open ".
Food storage in the refrigerator - Precautions for the correct use of the refrigerator
In more recent models, the coils are placed at the base. In this case it is not necessary to leave space between the back of the refrigerator and the wall, in all other models, on the contrary, it is recommended to leave at least 15 cm away from the wall; the distance from the wall must be adequate to ensure sufficient air exchange. In addition, to ensure that the compressor starts and cools the inside of the refrigerator, the temperature of the environment in which the appliance is placed must not be below 10 ° C. Finally, always check the gaskets: it is important that the refrigerator environment is well insulated to avoid unnecessary temperature dispersions.
Food storage in the refrigerator - Useful tips
- Check the temperature: for a refrigerator, the ideal average temperature is 5 C. With higher temperatures you run the risk of facilitating bacterial growth, with temperatures much lower than 5 C you risk freezing food.
- To understand the distribution of cold, look at the image above.
- Milk cartons, especially if fresh, should never be placed in the refrigerator door!
- Cold air must always circulate, so your refrigerator should never be saturated.
- Label your drawers, one for meat and one for vegetables.
- Meat and poultry should be placed in a drawer.
- Foods that are about to expire need to be placed closer to hand so they can be consumed more quickly.