Pumpkin soup, original recipe and variations. How to make a velvety or pumpkin soup in less than 20 minutes.
Therepumpkin soupis a dish originating fromLombardy region, the original recipe Lombard provides very simple ingredients, however, the variations are really numerous.
Another recipe that may interest you: cream of pumpkin.
Pumpkin soup, original recipe
Let's start with theoriginal recipeof the Lombardy Region.
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 2 hours
- Type of recipe: vegetable-based, vegetarian
Pumpkin soup, the ingredients
Estimated quantity for 6 people
- 1.8 kg of pumpkin
- 60 grams of Parmigiano Reggiano
- a bunch of fresh parsley
- 4 basil leaves
- 1 stick of celery
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 1 clove of garlic
- vegetable broth
- 30 grams of butter
- salt and pepper as required
If you want onevegan pumpkin soup, just replace the butter with extra virgin olive oil and omit the Parmigiano Reggiano, perhaps replacing it with tofu or vegan cheese.
How to make pumpkin soup
- Grate the Parmigiano Reggiano
- Finely chop the parsley until you have two heaping tablespoons.
- Clean the pumpkin leaving it intact in shape but removing seeds and filaments. The pumpkin must be cut in a particular way: from the pumpkin you have to get almost onesoup bowl, cut the cap in the upper part, remove the seeds and filaments to obtain a pot with its lid.
- In a pan, fry the chopped celery, parsley, basil leaves and 2 sprigs of thyme in butter (over medium heat) for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the broth, sauté, garlic, grated cheese, salt and pepper into the central hole of the pumpkin. Mix and seal as tightly as possible with the top cap cut earlier.
- Put the soup in the oven at 230 ° for about a couple of hours. Bring it to the table on a plate, remove the "lid" remove the garlic and, with a large wooden spoon, remove the pulp and mix it slowly, stirring, the pulp and broth will combine to form a creamy soup.
If the soup is too thick, add more boiling broth.
Pumpkin soup, the variants
Feel free to add, in different quantities and only according to the taste of your palate, one or more of the ingredients listed here.
- Pumpkin and carrot soup
- Pumpkin and leek soup
- Pumpkin and potato soup
- Pumpkin and shrimp soup
- Pumpkin and ginger soup
- Pumpkin and provolone soup
For a creamier version, you can add a drop of cooking cream… I recommend choosing fresh cream.
How to make soups and soups in 20 minutes
If you love the soups and soups, you can consider purchasing a dedicated appliance which, thanks to pre-set programs, allows you to prepare soups and soups within 20 minutes.
In the case of the pumpkin soup, all you have to do is wash the vegetables and put them in the jug, just like you would with a food processor with integrated cooking.
Those who have a Thermomix can use that, while those who don't want to invest too much money in a food processor can use an appliance dedicated to the preparation of velvety and soups.
Among the appliances on the market we point out thePhilips Viva Collectionwhich prepares soups and soups in 18 minutes. He can prepare (cook and blend) soups, creams, soups, soups, jams, compotes and smoothies.
The Philips Viva Collection can be bought on Amazon at a price of 133.94 euros with free shipping costs, it has been updated with the 2018 model which has technical improvements (cooking is improved, has more programs, 6 cooking modes and pre-preparations -set) and materials (always in stainless steel but structured to simplify cleaning). In electronics stores it is priced at around 150 euros. Within 18 minutes he was able to preparesoups and soupsfor 4 people for a capacity of 1.2 liters of product.
The device mentioned is just an example, the market offers similar appliances even less expensive. I pointed this out to you because I have personally tested it and it is very convenient, especially easy to clean. A good solution to make soups and soups, and serve them at least once a week without having to bother pots, blenders etc ... With this type of appliance you just need to dirty a cutting board, a knife and ... that's it!
In the photo above, thepumpkin soup recipeit has been enriched with fresh cooking cream, toasted pumpkin seeds, rosemary and balsamic vinegar.