To eliminate mites and bacteria that can lurk in your mattress, it is good to sanitize it periodically. It is not a difficult and demanding job just follow a few simple tips. In this regard, let's see how to sanitize a mattress using natural remedies.
How to sanitize a mattress, what we need
- Cloth beater
- Vacuum cleaner
- Anti-mite spray cloth
- Plastic container
- Sodium bicarbonate
How to sanitize a mattress, the procedure
- take the mattress, place it exposed to the open air preferably under the sun's rays: place it on a chair in an upright position
- With the beater, remove the dust contained in it by beating vigorously and continuously: perform this operation on the other side of the mattress as well
- Once this is done, take the manual vacuum cleaner and pass it over the entire surface of the mattress to eliminate also eliminate other residues hidden in the corners: do this on both sides
- Dwell with the suction in particular along the edges, where the seams create indentations, perfect nests for dust
- Take the steamer and pass it in the mattress in order to disinfect with the steam itself: The heat of the steam will eliminate germs and bacteria, which are highly harmful to health
- Take the container, fill it with water and pour some baking soda then mix well
- With a lint-free cloth, scrub the mattress vigorously
- When finished, let the mattress dry in the sun
- After you have made sure that the mattress is perfectly dry, take the anti-mite spray and spray it all over the mattress, leaving no corner.
How to sanitize a mattress, pee stains
Has your child been bedwetting? There is no need to buy a new mattress, it will be sufficient to wipe the stain with a first patch moistened with soap and water and then a second wet patch with water and hydrogen peroxide, in the proportion of 3 tablespoons of water and 1 of hydrogen peroxide.