THEChia seedsare produced by Salvia hispanicto, a floral plant native to Guetemale and Central Mexico. Thebeneficial propertiesgodsChia seedshave been known since the dawn of time: iChia seedsthey were one of the staple foods of the Aztecs and Mayans and their name means preciselyseeds of strength.
The importance that ancient populations attributed toChia seedsis such as to make them the perfect contribution to be given to the gods, indeed, some peoples used i Chia seedsas a bargaining chip or to pay taxes to governments.
Chia seeds - where to buy them
Chia seeds can be bought in the most well-stocked organic shops and specialized shops. In the trade of Chia seeds has also landed online, in fact there is no shortage of ad hoc e-commerce and proposals on shopping portals online from the fame of Amazon. Right on Amazon, one1 kg pack of chia seedsit is offered at a price of around 15 euros. It is aboutChia seeds supplied by a house specializing in the supply of natural, certified organic and vegan products. THEChia seedsjust proposed include theseproperty:
- Omega3, 8 times more than Salmon
- Vitamin C, 7 times more than Oranges
- Calcium, 5 times more than milk
- Iron, 3 times more than Spinach
- Potassium, 2 times more than in Bananas
- Magnesium, 15 times more than Broccoli
- Antioxidants, 4 times more than Blueberry. Among the antioxidants contained in Chia seedswe mention chlorogenic and caffeic acid, myricitin, quercetin and kampferol.
- Vitamins: B1, B2, A, E, folic acid and choline (vitamin J), B3, B5, B6, B15, B17, D, K, inositol and PABA (paraaminobenzoic acid)
- Mineral salts such as copper, iodine, manganese, boron, molybdenum, phosphorus, silicon, strontium, zinc;
- 18 of the 22 amino acids, including the 8 essential ones (phenylalanine, isoleuicin, leucine, lysine, methionine, threonine, tryptophan and valine).
How to take chia seeds
Methods of use recommended by the manufacturer:from 10 - 15 grams per day and no more.
It can be used in cooking, to flavor, or in the recipe for the preparation of chia gel. The recipe of chia gel see combined a tablespoon of seeds with 10 tablespoons of water letting the mixture rest for 10/15 minutes.
Chia seeds in pregnancy
Many women suffer from anemia and calcium deficiency during pregnancy: during the nine months of pregnancy, a woman's nutritional needs are upset and so does the need for iron and calcium, which are crucial for the correct development of the fetus. THE Chia seedsthey have a high content of iron (9.0 milligrams per 100 grams) and calcium, essential for bone health, especially in pregnant and menopausal women.
Chia Seeds - Contraindications
THE Chia seeds are contraindicated in patients suffering from hypertensive pathologies treated with drugs or in subjects suffering from hypotensive pathologies, in these two cases, it is recommended to take Chia seeds only after medical consultation. Furthermore i Chia seeds they are composed of about 25% of dietary fiber, which naturally has a positive effect in regulating intestinal functions but which could however cause an increase in intestinal gas production in some people. In the event of a significant increase in gas production, bloating and an increased frequency of flatulence, it is advisable to reduce the daily intake of Chia seeds.