Spinach in the kitchen shows extreme versatility: it can be eaten raw or cooked, alone in salads or with other ingredients, boiled, steamed, or used as an ingredient for a tasty vegetable soup. The spinach soup is a tasty dish to be served at both lunch and dinner and also purify, satiate and comfort from the cold. The protagonists of this quick and easy soup to prepare are spinach, barley and lemon. It is a dish much appreciated by those looking for a light but tasty and nutritious meal. Let's see in detail how to make spinach soup following our recipe step by step.
Spinach is a vegetable rich in beneficial and nutritional properties: it is rich in iron, vitamin A, vitamin C, it is able to protect the eyesight, it brings benefits to the immune system. In short, it should never be missing in our diet, because it contributes to the general well-being of the body. And speaking of spinach, here's another delicious recipe: the spinach omelette. For the preparation, read the article "How to make a spinach omelette"
How to make spinach soup, the ingredients
- 250 grams of spinach
- 200 grams of barley
- 1 medium shallot
- 3 Untreated lemons
- Vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- Pepper or chilli to taste
How to make spinach soup, the preparation
- Wash the spinach well without leaving it to soak, then drain it for a few seconds: leaving the spinach to soak, even if in cold water, involves the loss of some of the most important elements from a nutritional point of view.
- Meanwhile, peel the onion and chop finely
- Once this is done, brown the oil in a non-stick pan and after a few seconds add the chopped onion
- At this point, add the spinach and brown for a few minutes
- When the spinach is well browned, pour a glass of vegetable broth and cook over medium heat, with a lid, for about 10 minutes.
- After the time has elapsed, blend the mixture using an immersion blender
- Put it back on the heat adding the juice of the 3 lemons and the barley
- Complete cooking until the barley is ready, gradually adding more broth or water if necessary
- Serve the spinach soup still hot, adding the grated lemon peel and pepper or chilli according to taste.