In this guide we will show you how to prepare a delicious dish typical of Turkish, Persian and Arab cuisine, now very popular also in Italy: the Kebab. Of course, it will seem unusual to make it at home but its preparation is very simple and it will also be more genuine and healthy since you will be the one to select the ingredients of which it is composed!
The kebab is nothing more than a mix of very soft chicken or beef, flavored with spices, and accompanied by different vegetables and tasty sauces: all served in a sandwich or the typical "pita", that is a special piadina. Let's see how to make kebab at home following our recipe step by step. Also wanting to change the classic rules of the table, we can conveniently serve the Kebab, in the serving dish, next to the vegetables.
How to make kebab at home, the ingredients for 4 people
- 1 pound of beef or chicken
- 4 sandwiches, Arabic type
- 2 white onions
- About 500 grams of clean mixed salad
- 2 tomatoes
- 3 pots of Greek yogurt (tzaziki sauce)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 untreated lemons
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
Tzaziki sauce is available in supermarkets in the ethnic products department but can be prepared at home without any difficulty. In this regard, we recommend reading the article "How to make tzatziki sauce at home"
How to make kebab at home, the preparation
- Wash the lemons thoroughly then open them and press them to obtain the juice
- Once this is done, peel the onions and finely chop with the help of a half moon
- At this point, pour the oil, 3/4 of the lemon juice, the finely chopped onions, pepper and paprika into a bowl and mix until everything is combined
- Cut the meat into thin strips and leave it to marinate in the freshly prepared mixture for at least 2 hours
- After the marinating time, drain and pass the meat on the plate
- Take the tomatoes, wash them and cut them into slices
- Take the jars of Greek yogurt, open them and add them gently to the remaining lemon juice
- While the meat is cooking on the plate, stuff the Arab bread with the mixed salad, tomato and lemon yogurt
- Once the meat is cooked, arrange it in the stuffed sandwiches and close them
That's it, yours kebab is ready to be served We bet yours kenbab favorite will be the one made by you at home?