How to make Venetian risotto: the original recipe of Venetian risotto provides for the use of high quality products such as, for example, thered radicchio from Treviso IGP,Asiago DOC-DOP cheese, Nano Vialone Veronese IGP rice ...
TheVenetian risottoit is not a simple risotto with radicchio, but it is a concentrate of tradition and quality products that go perfectly with a good Bardolino. Each ingredient used in theVenetian risottohas a very specific history and origins, starting right fromRice.
TheNano rice Vialone Veronese PGI it is a variety of semi-fine rice, its grains have a rounded shape and are of medium size (5-6 mm long). This rice cooks in 14 minutes and is perfect for making risottos.
How to make Venetian risotto - ingredients
The recipe includes these ingredients for four people:
- 400 grams of Nano Vialone Veronese PGI rice
- 240 grams of Asiego DOC-DOP cheese
- 4 heads of red radicchio di Treviso IGP
- 30 grams of butter
- 40 grams of grated Grana Padano
- 800 grams of vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 red Tropea onion
- 1/2 leek
- 1 glass of White Sauvignon DOC wine
- salt and pepper as required
How to make Venetian risotto - preparation
- Finely chop the onion and leek. Clean the radicchio, cut them into small pieces.
- Toast the rice over high heat.
- In a separate and large enough pan, brown the garlic cloves, onion and leek. Add the radicchio
- Add the rice and mix well. Salt and pepper.
- Add half a glass of white wine.
- Then add the broth, a little at a time, until cooking is complete.
- Chop the Asiago leaving a small whole part that will be used for garnish.
- Mix everything with the butter and grated Grana Padano.
- Just before turning off the stove, add a handful of chopped cheese and mix.
- Serve warm and to garnish, add the remaining Asiago and a few leaves of radicchio.
Please note, the radicchio must be cooked but must not "dissolve". To further flavor the Venetian risotto, you can add bacon to the fried onion and leek!
The wine to pair with Venetian risotto
The wine to be paired with this dish is a Bardolino DOC, which with its harmonious flavor and delicate aroma will be able to conquer even the most refined palate; then, if it is true that the eye also wants its part, the ruby red color of Bardolino goes very well with the appearance of the Veneto risotto with its beautiful red radicchio from Treviso. It is advisable to serve it not too cold, the ideal tasting temperature is 16 - 18 °.