You would like to give homemade Easter eggs? Even if you are not very experienced, here is the recipe for making chocolate eggs and small chocolate eggs with your hands; besides being good, they will also save you money. The choice of chocolate depends on your taste, we recommend a dark chocolate with a percentage of cocoa higher than 65% without added sugar.
How to make homemade Easter eggs, the equipment
What you need, in addition of course to chocolate, is a saucepan and the classic Easter egg-shaped mold, preferably in plastic, or even in polycarbonate, and the surprise to put inside the egg.
How to make Easter eggs at home, the preparation
- Melt about 500 grams of chocolate in the saucepan over low heat then pour it into the chosen mold
- Wait for it to cool down
- At this point, decorate your egg with toasted and chopped hazelnuts, therefore, take one of the two parts of the egg, brush it with melted chocolate and apply the hazelnuts until they adhere well
- Do the same with the other part of the egg
- Once this is done, place the chosen surprise inside and join the two halves: you will first have to put the parts of the egg on a baking sheet to melt them slightly then join them together.
- Keep the egg in the refrigerator until the two parts are tied together, finally wrap it with films and colored ribbons
Variations: with the same procedure you can make any other shape you want, just change the mold; you can also decorate it in many ways: nuts, candies, coconut all strictly vegan.
How to make chocolate eggs, ingredients
- 250 grams of soft fresh cheese, at room temperature
- 3 cups of powdered sugar
- 250 grams of melted chocolate
- One and a half tablespoons of vanilla
- A handful of chopped hazelnuts and walnuts, unsweetened cocoa powder, coconut flakes.
How to make chocolate eggs, the preparation
- Pour the cheese into a bowl and work it well until it becomes a soft cream
- Add the powdered sugar and stir until everything is well combined
- Now add the melted chocolate and vanilla
- Mix all the ingredients well then refrigerate for at least 1 hour
- After this time, take the dough from the fridge and form small balls, one inch large
- Once this is done, roll them in walnuts, hazelnuts, cocoa or coconut.
- Put the chocolates in the refrigerator at least 2 hours before serving.
And if after Easter you find yourself with a lot of leftover chocolate eggs, we offer you some simple desserts that involve the use of chocolate. In this regard, we recommend reading the article "How to recycle dark, milk and kinder chocolate eggs"