We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
How to make homemade tortellini: traditional recipe and variations to prepare stuffed tortellini at home. Ideas for the filling of tortellini with vegetables or meat.
The preparation of the homemade tortellini it does not require particular culinary skills, just have a pinch of patience in making the dough and some extra care to get the right shape. In this regard we will illustrate you how to make homemade tortellini following our recipe step by step.
Fresh pasta is easy to make: you only need water and flour ... or, in the variant of fresh pasta with eggs, just add a few eggs to the dough! Fresh pasta for making tortellini at home involves the use of eggs, it is fresh egg pasta.
THEtortellinithey are among the most famous shapes of filled pasta but let's face it: the dry ones that are on the market leave much to be desired, especially for the quality of the filling! To remedy thistragedy, better if we prepare somehomemade tortelliniusing fresh and genuine ingredients, which can fully satisfy our palate. Here is the recipe for making the dough for this tasty filled pasta. Advice on the filling and cooking times.
How to make homemade tortellini
The ingredients for the dough
- 400 grams of flour
- 2 whole organic eggs
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- Warm water
Variation: if you prefer a lighter dough, you can exclude the eggs and increase the amount of water used.
Fresh homemade pasta
- Pour the flour on the pastry board, creating a bowl in the center, then pour the beaten eggs, a pinch of salt and oil
- Work the dough energetically with your hands, adding just enough water to obtain a smooth and homogeneous mixture, with which to form the classic ball.
- Let the dough rest for about 30 minutes
- After the time has elapsed, roll out the dough into thin sheets, using a rolling pin or the typical crank machine: for the preparation of the tortellini you will have to form rectangular sheets, on which to arrange the filling divided into small quantities
- Overlap the sheets and cut out the tortellini with the help of a washer.
Variants: you can make half-moon-shaped tortellini, just cut out circular shapes from the pastry sheet, place a teaspoon of filling in the center and close by folding them in half after moistening the edges and pressing them with your fingers.
For the preparation of the classic recipe of tortellini from Bologna just cut out square portions of dough with the help of a knife, arrange a teaspoon of filling in the center, before proceeding with the closure of the tortellini by folding the corners of the dough and wrapping them around the index, as per tradition .
Thestuffed with Bolognese raviolisee, for 400 grams of flour:
- 300 grams of minced veal
- 100 gr of grated Parmesan cheese
- 30 gr of butter
- 1 onion
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper as required
There are those who also add 50 grams of diced mortadella.
The filling for tortellini
Tortellino is an egg pasta filled with a variety of ingredients; both meat and vegetables.
To prepare the stuffed for tortellini of meat are usually used beef, pork, mortadella or ham, to be combined with Parmesan cheese, ricotta or a mix of cheeses.
A typical variant of the Italian tradition, an alternative to the meat filling, involves the preparation of a filling based on ricotta and spinach. The filling for vegetarian tortellini is not necessarily "ricotta and spinach", of course, this is the most popular but you can experience astuffed for tortellinidifferent for each preparation:
- Porcini mushrooms, ricotta and Parmesan
- Spontaneous herbs, pecorino and ricotta
- Borage and ricotta
- Chard and cheeses
- Potatoes, provola and Parmesan
These are just a few examples ofstuffed for meatless tortellini.
The tortellini must be cooked in salted water or broth, keeping the pan covered so that the liquid can simmer without evaporating excessively. Cooking should last about 10-15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the pastry. If it is tortellini to be served in broth, the liquid should not be drained but must be extracted from the pot using a slotted spoon and then placed on each plate and seasoned as desired.
If you love fresh filled pasta, we recommend some of our best recipes such as:
- Raviole stuffed with ricotta
- Genoese pansoti