Tight shoes, too high heels… can cause the appearance of calluses on the feet, even if we are not talking about a disease, corns are very annoying and unsightly and they also cause pain when they are inflamed.
In addition to corns, the feet can also be prone to partridge eyes; Unlike the calluses that form on the soles of the feet, partridge eyes are smaller and develop on the toes. Let's see in detail how to remove corns using some home remedies.
Home remedies for calluses on the feet, prevention
- Avoid uncomfortable and tight shoes: this way the corns will go away on their own within a few weeks.
- Try to keep the skin of the foot soft at all times, periodically doing some foot baths
- Use pumice stone for calluses
- Apply protective products capable of reducing the pressure exerted on the foot: a silicone insole, for example, can be of great help
- Check that the summer shoes do not have too rigid or too soft soles to avoid placing the foot incorrectly
- Alternate the shoes you are wearing, especially those that are tight or uncomfortable
- Massage the feet every evening to facilitate blood circulation
- Prefer a diet rich in vitamin E and vitamin A
- Avoid products such as liquid or patch "cornflower" so as not to harm the healthy parts surrounding the callus
How to remove corns, natural remedies
- Apply aloe vera gel or rub the affected area with lemon juice in the evening before going to bed or after a good foot bath: as an alternative to lemon, you can use castor oil
- Apply calendula petal ointment 2 or 3 times a day and a natural cream
- Prepare a mixture with water and oat flakes to be used later to make a foot bath
- Apply a compress consisting of 2 slices of white bread, a few slices of chopped onion and 250 ml of apple cider vinegar: let the mixture rest for 1 day then apply it on the affected area. Leave on overnight by applying under a band
- Prepare a scrub once a week consisting of sweet almond oil and sugar.
Other remedies for remove calluses you can find them in the article "How to cure corns"
Here, there are home remedies to remove corns; in any case it is always good to pay close attention to do-it-yourself remedies to avoid aggravating the problem even more.
Scissors or various tools that can cause new infections are not recommended: in case of hesitation, contact a specialist in the sector.
You might also be interested in
- Pumice stone: where to buy and price
- Corns and calluses: natural remedies